I have to admit it, before about a few months ago, I wasn't thrilled at the idea of turning 30. Although I don't look a day older than my mid-twenties I dreaded how I would feel. I dreaded, mainly, the thought of coming face-to-face with all of the things I haven't accomplished yet. I have a long list of achievements I want to hold, places I want to go, and people I want to meet. I am far from what I would consider the end of that list. I was caught up in the 'should of' and 'what-ifs' like we've all been before. Then, one day, it came to me (probably God speaking, I'm sure), I should make a list of all of the things I've accomplished up to this point in my life. So, I began to try and list every good thing I've ever experienced. And, while I would like to share that entire list with you all, I decided it would be more practical to share some of the highlights I've been fortunate enough to experience.
1. Accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior at 16
2. Graduating college with a Bachelor's degree at 21
3. Marrying the love of my life at 21
4. Dedicating my talents to Jesus and releasing 2 music projects dedicated to Him at 22
5. Purchasing my first home at the age of at 23
6. Building a following online; sharing Jesus through my life daily (style blogging; YouTube) at 24
7. Graduating with my Master's degree at 25
8. Getting hired to teach at a higher learning institution at 25
9. Traveling the world with my husband at 25
10. Performing original music at a festival (Black Heritage Festival) for thousands of attendees at 27
11. Birthing a healthy, beautiful baby boy after getting through two miscarriages at 28
There is so much more I can list here, but these are the most memorable moments. So many times we can get caught up in the negative and then we start playing God in our lives; trying to dictate what happens next. I cannot tell you how many times I've tried to do that. Each time, I failed miserably. If we say that we believe in Him we have to be content with where He has placed us and divorce our ideas of what our lives should be like. I came to this realization and then God revealed to me the many things that He has done in and through my life. I am so blessed!!! I've done what most people can only dream of doing, and guess what? He is NOT done with me yet!! I can't wait to see what's next in God's book called my life! I've made it to chapter 30! Be encouraged! Let God use you right now and look to Him- not to the left at this person or to the right at that celebrity- but look to God Let Him write that beautiful story that is your life!
Photos of Some of the Memorable Moments on My List